AAE Online CE
A “3D” Approach for Treating Acute Pain (Winter 2015) and Treatment Planning: Retention of the Natural Dentition and the Replacement of Missing Teeth (Spring 2015)
A “3D” Approach for Treating Acute Pain Overview
Author: Kenneth M. Hargreaves, D.D.S., Ph.D
This issue outlines an effective strategy for pain management based on diagnosis, treatment and medication.
- Describe a three step approach for evaluating and treating acute pain emergency patients.
- Describe the differential diagnostic considerations for patients reporting a dental pain.
- Describe the roles of dental treatment and drugs in managing acute dental pain emergency patients.
Treatment Planning: Retention of the Natural Dentition and the Replacement of Missing Teeth Overview
Author: Scott L. Doyle, D.D.S., M.S.
This issue reviews treatment options for the retention of the natural dentition and the replacement of missing teeth.
- Describe the reported survival rates of initial nonsurgical root canal treatment, retreatment and microsurgery.
- Compare these rates to those reported for single-tooth implants.
- List factors that influence the decision-making process when treatment planning for endodontic treatment and single-tooth implants.
- Discuss the importance of interdisciplinary consultation between general dentists and specialists.
Total credit hours for both articles: 1.0 CE hour
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|